We have made bone broth a staple in our household for the last three years, making around two batches per month, every month of the year. This gut-healing, anti-inflammatory, and nutrient-dense liquid has been scientifically proven to have incredible health benefits that aid in helping your body heal faster.
What Is Bone Broth?
Essentially comprised of water, meat bones, and seasonings, bone broth can tend to look and taste a lot like any other broth you use in the kitchen. What makes it special is what it can accomplish outside of the kitchen and inside our body.
Through our research, and from what we’ve seen firsthand with our own clients, the main benefits of regular consumption of bone broth include:
- Aiding in Preventing Leaky Gut Syndrome (when dangerous things like toxins and undigested food particles are released from your gut and travel to other areas of your body where they can disrupt normal functionality and cause harm)
- Decreasing Joint Inflammation (when your immune system attacks your joint tissue)
- Reducing Cellulite (fat deposits beneath the skin)
- Boosting the Immune System (the security system of your body!)
Below is our family recipe. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 3.5 lbs of grass-beef bones with marrow
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Seasonings of choice (We use Himalayan Sea salt, oregano, pepper, nutritional yeast, and cayenne pepper)
- Place all ingredients into a standard size crockpot.
- Add in water to top of crockpot.
- Bring to a boil over high heat for 6-8 hours.
- Place heat on medium/simmer for an additional 18-24 hours.
- Add seasonings and cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Drink 1-3 coffee cup sizes per day.
- Use within a week or freeze up to two months.
In gratitude and good health,
Matt & Monica