Who wouldn’t want to make a yummy drink that boosts metabolism, is packed with powerful antioxidants, detoxifies the body, wards of disease and enhances mood (just to name a few)? Not only is this drink recipe loaded with benefits from Matcha green tea powder but is also has the benefits from ginger and local honey as well. If you have never tried Matcha before, it will quickly become a favorite tea in your household not only for the benefits but for the taste as well. Some fun facts about it:
- Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than regularly brewed green tea.
- One serving of matcha tea is the nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of regularly brewed green tea.
- 1.5 tsp Matcha green tea powder
- 6-8 oz Unsweetened nut milk (we prefer almond milk)
- a knob of fresh ginger root (start small if you are not used to eating or cooking with ginger)
- 1 tsp local honey
- Optional: 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Heat nut milk in a pot on the stove until it is about to boil.
- Add hot nut milk, ginger root, honey and matcha to a vitamix. Blend on high.
- Strain mixture into a mug and dispose of the fiber from the ginger.