We are always looking for healthy recipes that are kid-approved. We grew up eating jello and we got excited once we found a healthy version of it. This two ingredient recipe is quick, easy and fool-proof. One of the main ingredients is gelatin which has a number of benefits which include but are not limited to: improving skin health, easing joint pain, aiding digestion, and improving sleep quality. Gelatin is also a great source of protein!
- 1/4 C cool water
- 1 TBSP unflavored grass-fed beef gelatin (we love Great Lakes)
- 1/4 C very hot water
- 1 1/2 C Organic Juice (apple juice is perfect!)
*Optional: add 1-2 C fresh fruit
- Pour the cool water in a medium size mixing bowl. Add Gelatin Powder.
- Stir thoroughly until mixed…it will begin to thicken.
- Add the 1/4 cup of the hot water. Stir to mix.
- Pour in the juice and mix well.
- Pour jello mixture into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Put in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Cut into cubes or use a cookie cutter for fun shapes!
*If using fresh fruit, wait until the jello is slightly gelled (drop pieces into the mixture so they slide into the middle of the jello)