Who doesn’t love a guilt-free modified mac and cheese recipe? This recipe is not only low carb and keto friendly but it is PACKED with nutrients. The base is cauliflower which in itself has so many health benefits. We prefer to use all organic and grass fed dairy ingredients with these recipes because that will ensure that we get the most nutritional benefit out of what we are cooking for our family. We trust that this will become a staple in your house like it has ours.
Ingredients-All Organic if Possible:
- 1 Head of Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 8 oz Heavy Cream
- 1 oz Grass Fed Butter
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz Cheese of Your Choice (we love Kerrygold cheese) plus additional for topping!
- 1-2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- 3-5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Optional: 1-2 tsp of Paprika for additional flavor
- Preheat oven to 375º and coat 8×8 baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- Cut cauliflower into small 1/2″ to 1″ florets. Steam for 4-5 minutes until barely tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small pot, combine heavy cream, cheeses, cream cheese, butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and any additional spices you prefer (paprika, etc). Heat over medium until smooth. Stir well every few minutes.
- Add cauliflower to the baking dish and then pour the cheese mixture on top. Make sure to spread it well!
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the top is slightly brown and bubbly. *Smith Family Tip: We like to broil it for about 2 minutes at the end so the top is more golden brown.